Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Thrifty Travels - "THRIFTED in Texas!"


Location: Goodwill Thrift Store Killen, TX

I love to travel and thrift! My first thrifty travel experience was when Dom and I took a thrifting trip to Chattanooga, TN. We were amazed at how much Chatt had to offer when it came to thrifting! Oh how I missed her, for this thrifting trip to Texas! I was visiting my mom and family in Killen, TX where my sister is stationed. I am so proud of my sister! She is a member of the United States Army and has selflessly served our country!

While we were out running errands,  I just so happen to see Goodwill. I had to stop and check it out! I dragged my sis Jasmin and my friend Ryan with me. I was impressed with the size of the store and its variety of items to choose from. My sister was new to the wonderful world of thrifting but she was interested in finding a few dresses. We were unsuccessful at a finding a dress for her, but we did happen to find a jumper in my size so Jasmin bough it for me! (YAY) I love thrifted gifts!

It is essential when you go thrifting out of town to always have a budget on hand; having self discipline and knowing when to stop once your budget has been met is extremely vital. Scope out the scene first and inquire about the best reasonable stores to check out in the area. Some stores can be a little too pricey, evaluate carefully and do your research before making your purchase.

Overall, I really enjoyed my thrifting experience in Texas and most importantly it was more memorable being able to share it with family and friends.

-Sheika, Team TT








No comments:

Post a Comment