Monday, April 2, 2012

"Sunrise"

“He has risen!” Mark 16:6 NIV 

This weekend we recognize the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ (1)! As I prepared to type this blog post, I couldn’t help but be excited! Not about the thrifted ensemble I would highlight, but because HE rose! HE was pierced for our transgressions, beaten for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on HIM, and by HIS stripes we’re healed! (2) Before I could type anything about my thrifted Easter dress I had to stop and reverence HIM. This weekend it’s not about what we wear, but let’s be reminded of how much HE loves us! (3) HE died on the cross for all of our sins, so that we would have a chance at eternal life! (4) More importantly the SON rose on the third day, our REDEEMER LIVESHE is at the right hand of GOD and is also interceding for us. (5) Glory to HIS name!

You do NOT have to spend a whole lot of money on an outfit for Resurrection Sunday. Go and see what your local thrift stores have available! This yellow dress I’m wearing is a perfect example. It was only $12! Last year I spent over $100 on my ensemble. Just thinking about it makes me shake my head. Boy, have I learned the error of my ways!

The dress and bow are thrifted, earrings gifted, and the clutch and shoes were purchased from DSW.

**Dom’s Thrift Tip: Instead of hitting up the mall this Easter Sunday, go hit up the thrift store and spend half of what you would at the mall and still look nice!

Scripture References: 
(1) Mark 16; 1 Corinthians 15: 1-11 
(2) Isaiah 53:5 
(3) John 15:13 
(4) John 3:16 
(5) Romans 8:34 

-Dom, TeamTT



*Dom's Photography is Provided by Letoria Mayberry

No comments:

Post a Comment