Sunday, April 22, 2012

"A Thrifty Hand"


Isaiah 41:13, “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”

 
This Word spoken to me gave instant peace and rest! What a privilage to know that the Lord, my God holds my hand and is with little old me. For many of us this is a time for graduation, job hunting, or decision making for the next stage in our life. Just remember that the Lord, your God is always with you. He will supply your every need and He is a keeper. Stay prayerful, meditate, do the work He has called you to, and rest in His word. Gee Wilikers, He said He would help YOU!

Let’s talk about this awesome thrifted look of mine! My cute, thrifted, strap-less dress was gifted by my spiritual mother, Mrs. Katherine Williams while visiting the Goodwill in Mobile, AL. Isn’t my purse just unique? Well, it’s also thrifted! Again, my spiritual mother gifted this purse from the Goodwill in Mobile, AL. My jean jacket is Calvin Klein. I’ve had it since I was 16. Wowzers! My shoes are by my favorite shoe designer, Nine West Co. and I’ve had them since 2006. My cute pink scarf is from Wal-Mart. Even as the weather gets a little warmer, remember to stay modest! As they say, "the modest are the hottest" lol.

May I offer a thrifty tip? When your thrifting, I encourage you to be generous and shop for someone other than yourself. You may never know someone’s struggle. Yes, you can bless others with stuff that comes from thrift stores. Trust me; your act of humility and kindness will be immeasurable. Everyone needs a thrifty hand every once in a while.

-Sheika, Team TT



No comments:

Post a Comment