Monday, February 20, 2012

"Thrifted Business"

I’m ready for the world and taking it on, #thrifted! 85% of my professional wardrobe is #thrifted. If you’re just beginning to build your wardrobe, the #thrift store is the perfect place to invest in suits and pieces for business, church, and semi-formal/ formal occasions. I found this blazer…Well…..actually, Dom found this blazer for herself while finding me a suit for AAMU’s Homecoming last year. I politely expressed my desire for the blazer and then proceeded to snatch it from her. Please do not be alarmed! We tend to “fork over” pieces to one another without much hesitation.

This blazer was too big so I took it in using a borrowed sewing machine. The skirt is #thrifted. The combination of these two pieces is ideal for a casual business meeting or a professional environment that you’re accustomed to. The pink blouse is Express and is #thrifted. The suspenders are SAKS Fifth Ave and are #thrifted. The tie is #thrifted. My lace stockings are from Wet Seal and the shoes (low heel) are BCBG. Ladies, when in a professional environment please be mindful your heel height. We don’t want to overwork our puppies.




My bracelet and earrings are gifted from my mom and are pieces from Lia Sophia Jewelry Company. My mom and aunt are Lia Sophia advisors. So, if you like these pieces I’m wearing check out the links below to view more beautiful pieces and for info to host your own jewelry party! Thanks Dom for the blazer. You are definitely Da Bomb!

-Sheika, Team TT


www.liasophia.com/hardiemae

www.liaspohia.com/monadeea


No comments:

Post a Comment