Monday, May 21, 2012

"Fashion..Monster..Thrifter"

Introducing Dre Smith

TT: Where are you originally from?
Dre: I was born and raised in Birmingham, AL. 

TT: What high school did you graduate from, and where will you be attending college this fall?
Dre: I graduated from P.D. Jackson-Olin High School, and I'm headed up “the hill" to the Alabama A&M University, to continue my fashion journey as I focus on Apparel Design & Merchandising. 

TT: How did you begin thrifting?
Dre: I began thrifting when I started to budget my money. I got addicted to it, so later I started redesigning clothes from the thrift store. 

TT: How would you describe your style? 
Dre: When it comes to my style I like to separate myself from others with my wardrobe. I have a lot of inspirations so I like to detail them in what I wear. 

TT: How did Knowstyles come about and what is it? 
Dre: The blog for KSLS (Knowstyle Lifestyle) was created on March 31, 2011 when I was the lead of creating a site for one of my science class group’s project. I came up with the site name "Knowstyle", because I was always told that I "know style", and fashion. Time passed and with a little help from Facebook the site went passed the classroom and straight to the social networks. Now KSLS is from Alabama to Ohio, and everywhere in between! 

TT: What's next for KSLS?
Dre: Because the blog has been doing so well since its creation in 2011, I'm planning on launching the official site in the fall, right before everyone heads back to college. 

TT: What is your thrifty/style tip for male thrifters? 
Dre: Never go to thrift store with a person that wears the same size as you. Also, never go thrifting aiming for something you want, because sometimes you have to just settle with what they have. 

-Team TT



No comments:

Post a Comment