Monday, October 1, 2012

“A Serious Message”

Ezekiel 33: 1-16 (NKJV)

33 The word of the Lord came to me: 2 ‘Son of man, speak to your people and say to them: “When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, 3 and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, 4 then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not heed the warning and the sword comes and takes their life, their blood will be on their own head. 5 Since they heard the sound of the trumpet but did not heed the warning, their blood will be on their own head. If they had heeded the warning, they would have saved themselves. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.”

7 ‘Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. 8 When I say to the wicked, “You wicked person, you will surely die,” and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood. 9 But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved.

10 ‘Son of man, say to the Israelites, “This is what you are saying: ‘Our offences and sins weigh us down, and we are wasting away because of them. How then can we live?’” 11 Say to them, “As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?”…

Ok guys! This may not be for everyone, because this is very meaty. In this new season I am in, the Holy Spirit has been revealing some things in ways that has just blown my mind; it has got REAL IN THESE STREETS! It is absolutely nothing but by the grace and mercy of GodMIND BLOWING. God is grooming me to even more bold in my faith and in His word (Ephesians 6:19, Hebrews 10:9-25). This is something new He is guiding me too. I have always been laid back, when approached by people with different situations. A lot of times what I speak is in a gentle and comforting manner; however, God told me "enough of the patty cake". Sometimes we neglect to tell people that they are going to hell for the mess they are in to try to save face. Moreover, we simply tell them that they need to try God and that He will forgive sins. Yes, God will forgive sins but, repetitive sin leaves no room for salvation (Hebrew 10:25).

I am going to break this bad boy down just a little bit, but I challenge you to study this word (Ezekiel 33: 1-16) for yourself. First, in verse 2, realize that God has called us to be messengers. You may be the only saved person in your family or group of friends, so therefore you may be the messenger for them (pray about that if you have been called to that). Second, in verse 3, when God sends a warning, you better deliver it. It is your responsibility to tell others around you the truth out of love ( Ephesians 4:15-25). Now if they do not adhere to the warning and the sword (The Word of God) comes to take their life, they are responsible for their disobedience leading to their place in hell and you are in the clear (verse 9). Ok, check this, it blew my mind. This “sword” is the very words of God (Epheisans 6:17). So, at any moment with just one word, God could have sent my ratchet tail down to hell. Grace and Mercy! Third, in verse 8, the word of God says, if we are giving a warning to deliver, and we do not send that message, that person’s blood is on our hands (we are held accountable for them) and they will die of that sin. Now, if you deliver the warning and that person repents from their ways, then they will be saved. God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but only when the wicked repents.
I saw this word; I meditated on this word; and have deposited this down in my heart. I cannot be responsible for the sins of others. I cannot afford (grad student budget lol) to have your blood on my hands. If God drops it in my spirit to deliver a message to you, please believe that thing is going to be spoken. This should apply to you as well. You never know how that word can change someone’s life, perception, or situation. Don’t worry about how they may receive it, be bold and deliver it!

Things thrifted in my attire include my earrings, sports coat, skirt, neck tie, and blouse. The sweater is from the Gap and the boots are Nine West.

Be bold and deliver,

Sheika, Team TT




No comments:

Post a Comment