Monday, August 6, 2012

"A Field of Dreams"

What Has Been Revealed Through Dreams Requires That I Play A Special Role in What God Has Already Scripted… 

I am so ecstatic about what God is doing in my life. I am so elated that my hardships and struggles are simply for His glory. I am so fortunate that God shows me little bits and pieces of my future through dreams. Some dreams come as warnings (Matt. 27:17-19 and Gen. 20:3-7) where I’ve disregarded the warning, it came to pass, and I got handled; others are of His assignments and promises to me (Gen. 37:5-8). In Acts2:17 it says ‘In the last days, God says, “I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.”’

Just recently, God gave Demorise repetitive dreams concerning something that I have petitioned Him about for years. Through her, He answered my petition (I Kings 3:5-15). I’ve had foolish dreams too during times of worry and stress. Be mindful of Ecclesiastes 5:3, “As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words”. I used to wonder why the things God revealed to me in dreams weren’t coming to pass. I would stress, worry, and try to move outside of His will to make things happen in my timing, but “But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.” Proverbs 1:33. I am so grateful that God doesn’t give us what we deserve and regardless of what we do and that His promises are “yea and amen” 2 Corinthians 1:20. Funny how God brings my visions and dreams to pass once I decide to walk in obedience and let my concerns be about the Lord’s affairs and not my own (1Cor. 7:34)

Let’s talk about my “Field of Dreams” outfit. My dress is a vintage, lace wedding dress thrifted from Sack on 72 in Huntsville, AL. My earrings (now a pair of my favorite) were thrifted from Sack on 72 as well. My belt is NY&CO and my shoes are gifted Jessica Simpson’s. I’m rocking wrist wear from my little collection of accessories. I am so happy to let loose my natural again! I loved the theme of this shoot, but I could have done without the heat, random hoping field insects, and weeds! All for the love of fashion….thrifted fashion!

Make sure you seek clarification of what you have received in your dreams through mediation of the word, fasting, and prayer. Let God continue to be the director and playwright of your life, you can’t direct what God has already scripted

-Sheika, Team TT





No comments:

Post a Comment