Thursday, July 5, 2012

“Reunited & it Feels so Good”


Friends that Pray together, stay together…


It all started with Monday night prayer at Mother Holmes’ house from Hope Community Church. We (Sheik, Demo, and I [Dom]) were all seeking to draw closer to God and through what other way than prayer. I always kept my guard up; I’d never really had lots of close friends because I was afraid of letting anyone into my circle. I’d hurt so many of my friends in the past and in return I’d been hurt therefore I kept to myself to avoid hurting others and/or them hurting me. After meeting and hanging out with Demorise and Ta’Sheika that changed!

I (Sheik) knew I needed a change of direction in my life, so I started going to Monday night prayer. I wanted to be delivered and I was also in need of a spiritual mother, thus I was drawn to Mother Holmes. I wanted to develop a strong prayer life, based off the passage “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.James 5:16 NKJV Here’s a brief background testimony… when I first got saved my freshman year of college (at Tennessee Wesleyan College); I was always surrounded by my sisters and brothers in Christ. They would give me guidance and hold me accountable. After leaving TWC my sophomore year I strayed away from my walk with God to the point that the world left me broken and damaged.

Like Sheik I (Dom), was looking for a new beginning and I’m so thankful I took the time out (sacrifice) to go to Monday night prayer; it seriously changed my life! I had no idea how essential prayer and fellowship was until I met Sheik and Demo. Our friendship was different from any I had before; instead of calling each other friends we would call each other prayer sisters. We’d get together and talk about our problems, hold each other accountable, keep it 100, encourage one another, and of course PRAY… I knew I had problems and if anyone could put up with me longer than a year I knew they loved me lol (I’m a hot mess, you guys have no idea)!

I (Sheik) too had issues with trust in friendships, after developing a relationship with my girls, Demo and Dom, I realized that I wasn’t alone with battling issues from my past and it was ok for me to be transparent about what I’d been through. What’s funny is that I knew of Dom since high school and back then I thought to myself I’d never hang out with a prissy girl like that, since I was such a tomboy. It’s funny how God works in mysterious ways! We are all women of different backgrounds, with similar issues, but we have the same desire to serve Christ. Now that Dom is back and Demo is only a drive away our 3 strand cord is back in full effect and it cannot be easily broken.

Let's talk about my "oh so" retro thrifted assemble. My jumper was thrifted from the Goodwill thrift store in Fayetteville, Tn. My belt is thrifted from Thrift Mart in Huntsville, Al. I made my earring with the help of some superglue and buttons. My shoes are Steve Madden and my watch is New York and Co. My girl Dom is rocking some super cute Express turquoise ankle cropped pants thrifted from Thrift Mart. Her top was purchased from TJ Maxx, her shoes were gifted from one of her co-workers in Kuwait. Her earrings are Thrifted from St. Paul DeVincent Thrift Store located in Huntsville, AL, her charm bracelet was hand made by Be Spotted (Tia Granberry), and her watch was purchased from Fossil. Don't Dom and I look so fabulous! But wait, we're missing someone....... (To be continued, stay tuned for the next post!)



Lots of Blessings!

-Dom and Sheik, TeamTT

No comments:

Post a Comment