Sunday, July 22, 2012

“Courage, Sacrifice & Duty”


 “But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed and having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.” Roman 6: 17-18 

The word slave has several meanings but one that fits this passage is a person entirely under the domination of some influence or person. Imagine being under the domination of the influence of righteousness. Can you imagine? I certainly can. I remember when a small still voice said, “Ask him if he wants bottled water”. I knew it was the Spirit calling me but I stilled question whether or not I should give my last and only bottled water to a complete stranger who had full access to a water fountain. After much thought I gave in and offered the bottled water. This is just one example of the many times the Spirit has moved me to do something I really did not want to do. Truthfully, I would not have mind giving this individual bottled water if I had a case sitting in my office or if I had another one stashed away somewhere. But that bottled water was my last and to top it off, I was thirsty. The Spirit never cease to amaze me of how at the most opportune time it moves me to act out of my comfort zone (courage), to give something up (sacrifice), or remind me to stay on track (duty). I attribute that small still voice to the Holy Spirit others may call it a conscience. Nevertheless, it is that voice that pulls, pushes, and moves me to do what is right. In my walk with Christ I am learning every day to appreciate the Holy Spirit governing my actions. In fact, I have learned enough to know it is a blessing to be guided by the Holy Spirit. 

- Demo, Team TT 


Photography provided by Bobby Perkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment