Monday, June 4, 2012

"Uniquely Different"

Be unique by letting God lead you; not by following worldly trends and foolish thinking. 

Lately, I’ve found myself feeling more isolated when around people. I didn’t fit in with certain conversations. To talk about living for Christ wasn’t a popular topic. I must admit, I really miss being around my sisters in Christ (Dom and Demorise). During my quiet time I was lead to the book of Mathew. It’s funny how God gives me comfort. The scriptures I read were of the multiple denials of Jesus by people! Throughout his entire 33 years of life, He was often mocked, rejected and isolated. What was more interesting was although the Pharisees plotted to kill Him and people tried to attack him, on multiple occasions but, they couldn’t lay a hand on him! It was not the appointed time for the ultimate sacrifice to be made. Jesus spoke to the heart of my concerns and gave me a since of protection. I am set apart, uniquely different, an outcast, and a misfit. Proverbs 9:10-12 says, “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.  If you are wise, your wisdom will reward you; if you are a mocker, you alone will suffer.” 

The more you desire to fear God, the more your mind will be transformed. You won’t entertain foolish talk, put no idols before God, and you will be mocked for your beliefs. To die daily that Christ is glorified through you is one thing, but to say you’re a Christian while living as a pagan is another.



I’m ubber excited to talk about my completely thrifted outfit! When I was thinking of what to wear, I knew I wanted to go a completely different route, so I said OVERALLS! My overalls are thrifted from the Downtown Rescue Mission Thrift Store in Huntsville, AL.I passed up my blouse twice, I liked it a little but, I wasn’t sure at first if I could pull it off with the overalls. I decided to just be unique with it. The blouse was thrifted from the Downtown Rescue Mission Thrift Store too. My loafers were $5.00 and thrifted from Thrift Mart in Huntsville, AL. My earrings and bangles made the outfit complete and were borrowed from Dom! 

My thrifty tip for you is, “Be you, be unique, be thrifted”! 

-Sheika, Team TT

1 comment: