Friday, December 28, 2012

"Tis the Season to be Thankful!"

“Oh Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever; Oh give thanks to God of gods! For His mercy endures forever. Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords for his mercy endures forever; To Him who alone does great wonders, For His mercy endures forever; To Him who by wisdom made the heavens, For His mercy endures forever;” Psalm 136: 1-5

This year has been a tumultuous year for me. I’ve endured quite a bit, from broken relationships, to depleted finances, to death of a loved one, to defamation of character, etc. The list goes on and on, yet in spite of all the attacks of the enemy I am grateful. I am grateful for the opportunity to grow. Due to the trials and tribulations I have encountered this year, my faith has increased. I know God more intimately now than I ever did before because I know him as a provider, as a healer, as way maker and so much more. It is one thing to read God’s word but it is another to have actually experienced it. I have heard people get up in church and tell their testimony with such passion. I have seen people run around the church and even fall flat on their face in worship. I’m guilty as been one of those spectators in church who has looked & thought to myself, “does it really take all that?” I have even felt uneasy when during worship service the woman next to me began crying uncontrollably. –Hey I am being honest – There have also been times in church where I fought back tears because I did not want people to see me crying. I have even did a cute little two step instead of running around church (which is what I really wanted to do) because I did not want people looking at me. However, there is something about knowing God as a provider because He provided for you when you had no income and bills continued to increase. There is something about knowing God as a healer when you were sick and didn’t have the insurance or the money to go to the doctor. There is something about knowing God as a way maker when every door was closed. It is when you know God in an intimate way that you give praise when praise it due, and it does not matter who is looking.

“Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belongs to Christ Jesus” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I have been blessed to know God in such a way that I am so grateful for every trial. Without trials and tribulations I would not know Him like I do. I am convinced that God is faithful, that He is powerful beyond measure, He loves me, He will protect me, He will keep me, He will provide for me, and that His mercy and grace endures forever. I have purposed in my heart to follow Him, to love Him, to seek Him, to please Him, to think about Him, to want Him, to need Him, to PRAISE Him. Truthfully, without those hardships I had experienced I would not have been so convinced nor my heart would not be as purposed as it is now. Due to my hardships I am able to say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” Hebrews 13:6



Now because I know God like I do, I praise Him whenever and where ever and I do not care who is looking. There is something about PRAISE that when I release it into the environment, my atmosphere begins to change. When my inner most being releases that energy and it the anointing oozes out like fresh oil being crushed from its origin, an indescribable sense of peace falls on me and an overwhelming sense of joy engulfs me.

“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.” 1 Chronicles 16:34







As a Christian who struggles with her daily walk in Christ, I am grateful to know that in spite of whatever comes my way God is due all the glory, honor and praise just for who He is. I strongly encourage every being to praise Him! He is WORTHY!!!! Glory be to the KING of kings and the Lord of lords.
The american holidays are set aside to celebrate what you are thankful for. So, it is only appropriate for me to express to the world how truly THANKFUL I am for God’s unfailing love. After all, “God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” John 3:16

-Demo, Team TT



No comments:

Post a Comment